Guitarist Rez Abbasi considers the compositions of Django Reinhardt; Ran Blake and Christine Correa record their sixth album together; Ike Sturm and Jesse Lewis venture beyond studio walls; and requisite Wes Montgomery.
- Michael Jarrett’s Pressed for All Time peeks into the studio during some of jazz’s most important recording sessions.
- What makes an album cover immortal? Five contemporary illustrators weigh in.
- Don Was discusses his journey from the studios of Detroit to the top of pop charts to the helm of Blue Note Records.
- Jazz artists have used concept albums to pay tribute, spin stories and raise hell.
- Reviews of albums by Ambrose Akinmusire, Arturo O’Farrill and the Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra, Lauren Henderson, Bill Frisell, Irreversible Entanglements, The Jerry Granelli Trio, Rudresh Mahanthappa, Archie Shepp, John Scofield and Micah Thomas.